23 November 2010

Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell

After reading the recent reviews from you guys, aku terasa sangat bimbo in my choice of book!:P But since the baby arrived my time to read has become almost non-existant, let alone to go and buy books (kurang la tax exemption aku tahun depan!) Anyway, this book has been collecting dust on my bedside table for the longest time, and when I went for a much needed getaway last month, baru la i got to finish it!

If you have been watching the TV series for this one and never read the book..you'd be a bit eh?! The TV series did not religiously follow the book. The characters are still the same (but i think Nico's husband's name is different and she has a daughter in the book!) You get my drift la kan?

Well..it's about 3 best friends in their early 40's and on top of their careers, living in New York. Makes me feel like I don't have to explain further to you guys cause the storyline is like any other chic lit, borderline cliche but still a fun read nonetheless.

Oh god!not helping at all am i??hahah! I have also read Candace Bushnell's other book - One Fifth Avenue. OK...confession..I only bought both books cause I wanted a complete collection of Candace Bushnell's work. To make my book shelf look pretty..*kantoi* (pasni nak beli Trading Up and 4 Blondes..somehow i can't find the Sex & the City book...)

Blame the bimbo in me! I secretly think we need to be one once in a while *wink*

5 comments:

iNsOmNiAc said...

i lurve being bimbo :) seriously blondes are more fun ;)
to be frank, i kinda curik2 read this book kat kinokuniya everyday after keje ;p nak beli baca kat umah takut kene kutuk ngan my adik2 ;p now i know where to pinjam :D hehe~ can i?

cacah said...

hehe. :D
i just bought the one fifth avenue...
tapi ngantuk la... macam mana... baru baca few pages..

Sasha Sharifuddin said...

ida..can!just gimme a holler or lets meet up!been ages dah tau!this book will make a GREAT excuse!:)

cacah..haha!it's a book to read when you absolutely have nothing to do.but it gets a bit interesting halfway tho it doesn't get any greater :P i vaguely remember that i mengantuk juga for the first few pages (or maybe chapters)LOL!

her work is predictable la..but must say lipstick jungle is better than one fifth.

cacah said...

sasha... i have found the sex and the city at Book Xcess, at Amcorp mall... rm9.90 only and it's the only copy... and I dah beli... :D Edisi 2008...

iNsOmNiAc said...

dear frens,
i took the liberty to re-vamp the look of our beloved blog :)
hope you guys dun mind...